Thursday, October 15, 2009

Post 1: Inspiration

I was introduced to the software program Inspiration in class. It allows students to have an interactive experience while they learn. I believe this program would be a beneficial alternative to traditional worksheets. I think children are more likely to learn when they can digitally manipulate things, as they can be more engaged and have more fun. Another aspect of this program that I really like is that there are two different versions: the traditional Inspiration, and Kidspiration for younger students. I really like having the option of choosing which program best suits the class. This software program is something I definitely want to use in my classroom someday. To learn more about Inspiration, go to its website (http://www.inspiration.com/). You can even download a free 30-day trial version. Here is an example of what one educator did using the Kidspiration software (flickr.com by kjarrett).

No comments:

Post a Comment